Saudi National Bank has appointed Saeed Mohammed Al-Ghamdi as its new chairman following the resignation of Abdul Wahed Al-Khudairy from his post citing personal reasons, it was announced on Monday. SNB said that the new changes will be effective from March 27.
He joined NCB earlier in March 2013 as the Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of Directors, and later appointed as the Chairman of the Board of Directors from May 2018 up to March 2021.
Mr. Al Ghamdi began his career in 1987 with the Ministry of Defense and Aviation and then he moved to Al Rajhi Bank in 1991, where he progressed in a number of jobs to assume later several leading positions.
Mr. Al Ghamdi holds a Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dammam, KSA (1987).
He also holds external positions and memberships:
• Chairman of Jabal Omar
• Chairman of Manga Production
• Board Member of Misk Foundation
• Board Member of Institute of International Finance
In the past he hold positions and memberships:
• Chief Executive Officer and Member of the Board of Directors of the “National Commercial Bank”
• Chairman of the Board of Directors of the “National Commercial Bank”
• Chairman of the Board of Directors of the NCB Capital
• Chairman of the Board of Directors of Turkiye Finans Katilim Bankasi
• Chairman of the Board of Directors of Saudi Credit Bureau (SIMAH)
• Chairman, Ministry of Health’s Cluster 23
• Board Member of Real Estate General Authority
• Advisory Board of MasterCard Middle East & Africa
• Advisory Board of BA College at Prince Sultan University
• Advisory Board of the College of Industrial Management, King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals
• Board Member, Alrajhi Takaful
• Board Member, Alrajhi Capital
• Deputy CEO, Alrajhi Bank
• Board Member, Alrajhi Bank Malaysia